Monday, August 8, 2011

Week One Review

I love this "diet" thus far. Maybe it's because I didn't go through the sugar/carb withdrawal that some people go through (Jeff, sadly, is one), or maybe it's because I'm actually eating more than I did when I wasn't eating paleo, but I am truly enjoying this way of eating. I am re-excited about food, invigorated about cooking, head over heels in love with all the fresh vegetables you can find in Oregon in the summer. I'm actually planning meals in my head, when for the last year my dinner "plans" have always been along the lines of "What take-out place do I want tonight?"

I definitely have more energy, more mental alertness, and have been in a better mood. I'm down six pounds, and in the mirror I see a noticeable difference in my face, and my tummy. Most of all though--more important than the weight loss--I feel better; I love knowing that everything I put in my mouth has gone through minimal, if any, processing. I can see why advocates of the paleo diet are so zealous (pre-paleo I might have said "cult-like") in extolling the virtues of this eating style; you just feel healthier, and more in touch with what you're eating. Week one down, and thus far it's a success!

I'm going to post every meal I had this week, and maybe to a cost breakdown. I've purchased a lot of staple "start up" items though, so it's not really indicative of the diet as a whole yet.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More