Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Routine

Something I've wanted to add for some time is an exercise routine. Today I finally cobbled together something that I can keep up with until I join a gym later this autumn. Following youtube videos and blogs, I've put together an intro routine of jump roping (eventually double-unders, for now I'm simply trying to keep up jumping for an extended period of time), push-ups, squats, and box jumps. I also want to add running 3x a week, minimally.

I've begun adding links to inspiration and techniques that I'm personally incorporating. They're under the "Exercise" header at the top. Eventually I plan to add my own commentary on what works and doesn't work for me, as well as resources for at-home training.

I just finished my first "at home" workout (in the empty laundry room/basement of my apartment, no less!) with Henry watching bemusedly. Tomorrow will likely see a hike, and more of the same! For now I'm not counting so much, simply just doing each exercise until I run out of steam.

Today:

Jumped rope until I couldn't
Did Day 1 of 100 Pushups Program
Jumped rope again
Did as many box jumps as I could (little box, my friends, little box.)
Jumped rope one more time
Stretched (probably should have done this first, but I was so excited!)
Held a plank for as long as I could

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More