Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stats and Perspective Update!

Here are the stats after the first 30 days on Paleo. I've lost a total of 8 pounds, and several inches. I feel more alert, less hungry, and definitely happier. Although I initially was 100% focused on seeing the scale change, that has become less important to me than how I feel day to day. Not to mention: I keep losing inches, so I'm definitely slimming down. I do wish I knew why the weight itself isn't changing. I am exercising more, but not enough to build equal amounts of muscle, or so I thought. 


This is my new perspective on Paleo, and how I've been explaining it to people of late: you remember when you were a kid, and you knew your body? Climbing a tree was no problem, because you knew what your body was capable of, you were in touch with it, you could control it well. The older I got, and as I went through puberty, then got less fit, then a little overweight--I began to lose that in-touch aspect. Looking at a tree suddenly seemed like too much effort to climb, swinging up on to something was bound to be embarrassing. I didn't know my body, we were two separate entities co-existing. With Paleo, I'm beginning to get my body back.


I don't mean just being fit, or healthy. I mean understanding how my body can move, and knowing I have control over it again. I have no idea if this makes sense to you, but it's what eating this way has done for me. I look forward to continuing this, and regaining that sense of ability that I used to have. After I get a job, the first thing I'll be doing is joining the local gym, and really put this newfound (re-found?) body communication to the test. I can't wait!


Now on to the stats! 



August 30




upper arm r            11.5''     (same)
upper arm l            11.25''   (down .5)
bust                         34         (down 2)
waist (smallest)      24.75        (down .75)
waist (tummy)       30.25        (down 3.25)!!
hips                          34.75         (down 1.25)
inner thigh left        22.5       (down 1)
inner thigh right      22.75       (down .75)
butt                       39.5           (down .5)


140 lbs  














August 16




upper arm r            11.5''     (down .5)
upper arm l            11.75''   (down .25)
bust                       36          (same)
waist (smallest)      25.5        (down 2.5) !
waist (tummy)       33.5        ( down .5)
hips                       36          (same)
inner thigh left        23.5       (down .5)
inner thigh right      23.5       (down 1)
butt                       40          (down 2) !!


142 lbs  












July 31



  • upper arm r          12''
  • upper arm l          12''
  • bust                     36''
  • waist (smallest)    28
  • waist (tummy)      34
  • hips                     36
  • inner thigh left      24
  • inner thigh right    24.5
  • butt                     42



Starting weight: 148 lbs,  height:  5'4''


0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More