Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sweet Potato Soufflé



My boyfriend Jeff, and my good friend Ivan both have had a lot of trouble battling some paleo temptations. For Jeff, working every single day in a bakery was just too much, and he conceded to a 70/30 paleo diet. When we eat together, we eat 100% paleo. On his own though, he prefers the now-and-again pastry, Chipotle burrito, or sandwich. He's at a really healthy weight, so it works for him.


Ivan recently texted me confessing that he had trouble with breakfasts in particular. He wanted something quick, and a little sweet. I'm going to be experimenting with some recipe ideas along that vein, but before then I wanted to put up this recipe I've had laying around, in case you really need that extra carby sweet indulgence (perhaps before a hike, or a long day at work). I find these incredibly filling, and end up eating half at any given time.








Sweet Potato Soufflé 


1/2 a large sweet potato
2 eggs
Crushed pecans
Cinnamon
Nutmeg


1. Bake the sweet potato through.
2. Remove the skin. (I like to eat it as is!)
3. In a small heat-proof bowl or cup, stir together the potato, eggs, and a little water.
4. Add spices to taste.
5. Top with crushed pecans.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven until the top begins to brown.









0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More