Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stats

So better than simply judging by a scale (which has been frustrating of late), I can gauge how the paleo diet is affecting my body with measurements. The night before I began, I measured every section I could think of with a tailoring tape measure. 


Now I'm not thrilled with the idea of putting measurements up in the public sphere, but 1.) I want this blog to be completely open and honest, and 2.) I want people coming into paleo to get an accurate idea of how paleo might change their physical shape, and how quickly that might happen. That's why I write up exactly what I eat, and include these stats: years from now when I'm far more learned on paleo eating, I can even look back and see how well I did starting off. I'm a sucker for detailed scientific experiments, and while this isn't exactly a controlled situation in all aspects, I do want to be able to note information that might be useful to me or to someone else down the road.


That said, here are the stats from the first two weeks:







July 31



  • upper arm r          12''
  • upper arm l          12''
  • bust                     36''
  • waist (smallest)    28
  • waist (tummy)      34
  • hips                     36
  • inner thigh left      24
  • inner thigh right    24.5
  • butt                     42



148 lbs








August 16




upper arm r            11.5''     (down .5)
upper arm l            11.75''   (down .25)
bust                       36          (same)
waist (smallest)      25.5        (down 2.5) !
waist (tummy)       33.5        ( down .5)
hips                       36          (same)
inner thigh left        23.5       (down .5)
inner thigh right      23.5       (down 1)
butt                       40          (down 2) !!


142 lbs  






0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More