Saturday, August 6, 2011

Nearly a Week

Day 6, and 6 lbs down. I've been spending the last couple of days working on this new website, and I'm pretty thrilled with it so far! It still needs a lot of work, but I'm having fun tweaking it to just the way I like it.


Tomorrow will be the end of my first week doing Paleo, so I want to write up a brief overview, as well as post up my first week of meals. I will say now, however, that I have never felt happier changing my eating plan. My mood has seen a boost, and I've only had one day of low energy. Last night, for the first time in months I slept solidly from midnight to 5:30, no dreams, no waking up. It was wonderful.


Jeff's not having as great a time; he's having trouble finding things to eat, keeping expenses low, and not being tempted by all the sweet and bready things at the bakery he works at. Plus, he has given up coffee completely, and that's definitely had an impact on his mood. I'd probably be a lot crankier if I weren't having a cold-brewed toddy every other day or so. No cream or sugar, but my mornings are best when I get the taste and texture of cold-brewed french roast. I. Can't. Help. Myself.


I've been researching and creating a work-out plan as well. I know I want to tone and firm up, not bulk, and be more active overall. I think I'll start running with Henry in the mornings or evenings, and doing a core/strength/endurance workout midday. Henry's still just a puppy, so I think he and I should be on the same ability level for running.


So much wonderful stuff ahead!

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More